Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Still a queen without my crown

I went back to the dentist today to get the temporary crown removed and the permanent one put on. The dentist told me it would be easy-peasy and take about 15 minutes. About 45 minutes later I was getting fit again for another crown because this one didn't fit. She sanded and smoothed and jiggled and nada. She said this happens about twice a year.... and she apologized over and over again that it was to me. So I have another temporary crown and have to go back in 2 weeks to try again.

Thankfully this was no additional charge to me!

On top of going back for the 'coronation' I'll finally get my teeth cleaned.

Oh, and did I mention I have to see a second oral surgeon on Monday for a consult? He's going to do surgery to remove my wisdom teeth, including one that is BROKEN. So in the next 2-3 weeks I'll be crowned, cleaned, and cut (okay I was going for the C alliteration, so Kill me...). All by the dentist. I am not a happy camper.

Wonder if the dentist can write a prescription for Xanax?

And because the dentist ran so late, I didn't get to the bank before it closed.

Do you ever just have one of those damn days?

Grumpy dwarf,
Maggie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dentist are AWFUL.. I would have choked em when the fucked up my crown...

take two Xanax.... ugggg...

I have a running script of em and they do work well..

tomorrow will be a new day...

Bragger said...

Well that sucks. When you have a day like that, the only way to go is up....
At least tomorrow is Friday!

A said...

If you let the oral surgeon know of your fears, they will give you something to calm you before coming in for surgery. Or at least they should if they were any good!

Cheryl said...

That blows. Treat yourself to a pizza...

that is if you can eat pizza with your temp.

Ditto TaDa, tomorrow is a new day

Maggie said...

TaDa- if it wasn't illegal and all that sort of stuff, I'd say mail me some Xanax! haha!

Bragger- TGIF! AMEN!

Lilith- the surgeon is gonna knock me out to do the procedure. I'm just sick of going to the dentist and panicky because of the cost since I have no insurance for it.

Cheryl- I'm pizza-ed out so I ate cereal, my favorite standby!

A said...

I understand the panic about the cost. I had a filling fall out last January (as in Jan. 2009) and I have a huge hole in my last molar and no money to get the thing filled! Sucks that there isn't a more affordable way for people to get insurance of all kinds!

Maggie said...

Lilith- it really sucks. I hope you can find someone soon- or some $$$soon!

I'm so glad my local dentist takes payments. The root canal surgeon didn't and I dropped $1010 there. The wisdom teeth surgeon takes payments but he wants 10% of the balance as the monthly payment- and the bill is going to be about $1300 total so $130 a month there. Teeth are expensive.