Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Ya ever have one of those weeks? And Friday hasn't really even started yet!

Mild Monday
Good day at school, even better when I got home because I went with Daddy-O shopping and then to hang with Curley for a few hours! It rocked!

Terrible Tuesday
The day started with a meeting of all "none certified staff"- this means all the folks who are not teachers. We were all told hours were being cut. And while that didn't affect me, I was basically told that I won't have a job next year because the grant money to pay me will be gone. So, come June 2, I am officially unemployed-again.

Otherwise, it was a good day at school- yeah, I know- two in a row? Who knew?

It was AFTER school where the first problem hit. First, I had to have a parent teacher conference, and I was the parent. Apparently, according to Mac's Step-monster, he got in a fight with his science teacher, cussed her, pushed her and threw a desk at her. In REALITY, what really happened was that he yelled at her, and cussed in FRONT of her. He never pushed her nor did he ever throw a desk. His step-monster is an over-dramatic, pot stirring, bitch from hell.

Anyway, I went to meet with the principal who first set me straight on what happened. Then he said he met with Mac ans since this behavior was COMPLETELY out of character for him, he was told he had to apologize and meet with the school counselor. BUT if he got in trouble again, he would automatically start at the 3rd disciple level. Then I had to meet with the counselor and filled him in on his sperm donor's supreme asshatness as a father and the super bitchiness of the step-monster. The counselor said he would meet with Mac once a week for the rest of the school year, that I had to pay $47 for SAT fees, Mac is a good kid who needs to apply himself and if he doesn't, the the law school Mac wants to attend won't even take him. Ummmm, okay- please hit me with all the bad news at one time.

I went home and had a long "Come to Jesus" meeting with Mac, so I think we have the situation in hand, and he lives to breath another day. And the swearing? he told the science teacher that "just because I took a dumbass science class doesn't mean you should treat me like a dumbass." Yes, world, he wants to be a lawyer. Judges don't call attorney's mommies to court to reprimand them, right?

Tuesday I also found out my computer was dead and I had to buy a new one.

Tuesday wasn't totally horrible because XRayGirl and I did see a movie and have an uber-cheap dinner.

Wastoid Wednesday
School was okay. I made it through the day and didn't lose my mind, so I consider it all good.

I went to the library and got some good books, and even had a sweet tea from Mickey D's.

I had a few hours home alone and instead of doing anything productive like housework, laundry or read, I was a complete worthless layabout on the couch and worried about going to the dentist, the cost of a new computer, Mac, the cost of prom, getting Mac a car, finding a full time job, no health insurance, being fat, wanting to drink, being lonely, and pretty much all other weights of the world I piled on me.

But hey, I had some alone time!

Thankful Thursday
School was fine. I am sick of poetry. I am sick of teaching. I am sick of students, as well as people in general. 'Nuff said, right? I'm tired of the politics and just in general stupid stuff that happens when you work in a public school.

I also went to the dentist. Okay, I know this is weird but I AM thankful for this because I got my teeth cleaned and they feel all shiny and new and pretty and smooth. I also got my new crown on, and it FIT! Though my gums are sore and my mouth is achy, it was good to have it all work right and be done. A further plus: I have no cavities. So when I get my 2 wisdom teeth pulled, I am done until I have a 6 month check up and cleaning. Thank you!

I also went out to supper for my favorite pub in my college town with Daddy-O. Dinner was great, as was the company- thanks father!

And the big news was that my computer wasn't really dead after all! One more big whoot-whoot to Curley's son! Love me that boy- he's my hero!

So all and all, this has been my work week, so I am more than excited about today being TGIF!

I need a weekend so badly. That's right, I NEED a weekend!

Hope your Fridays are delicious, too!
Mags

6 comments:

Bragger said...

I hope your Friday is a kinder day for you. And enjoy the weekend - you deserve it!

Wiley said...

Bloody hell, that's a ripper. I just had a bad week because I'm completely over work and have a numpty for a boss. Yours is clearly better.
But it'll improve soon - bring on the weekend!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Such totally lovely PINKS!!
Debbie

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I too, am glad to be puttng away the mittens, gloves, and heavy sweaters! Good riddance! But, always a hello PINK!

Maria@ChicaBellaCrafts said...

Oh my goodness what beautiful pictures! I love the cute little cowgirl bookts. Happy Pink Saturday, thanks for visiting me.

Mari said...

I JUST LOVE THOSE PINK COWBOY BOOTS
TOO CHIC, AND THOSE PINK TREE'S ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL, I SURE WISH I HAD THEM IN FRONT OF MY HOME.....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO STOP BY MY BLOG AND LEAVING ME A SWEET COMMENT :p