Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

How can I have the weekend blahs?

You ever have so much going on in your head you can't find your sense of humor, or at least for very long?

I shouldn't let all this shit rent space in my head but I do.

And for the last 7-10 days I've been experiencing something new- anxiety attacks. First time it happened I thought I was having a freaking heart attack and I would've been pissed if I had one at age 38 and my ex husband who is older, meaner, fatter and far uglier didn't have one first.

That all being said, yesterday was tons of fun because Daddy-O and Curley and I did a shopping at craft store day. I'm going to make a dress! Let me amend that; Curely is going to show me how to make a dress and then I'm going to do the second one by myself. Pictures will follow.

Other than a blow by blow of my weekend, which I'm sure isn't all that exciting to read (though props to Curley's Son, the King of Computers, for doing some super fun, cute things to my machine!!!! he so rocks! Kisses to King of computers!) I really don't have anything to add.

I think I need to go do something crazy and see if it generates some material. As soon as I come up with something I can afford, I'll get right on that.

Oh, wait! While Mac hasn't decided what to sing for Spring Spec, I guess at the pep session at his school on Friday, he rapped "Jump On It" in front of the entire student body to rev up the crowd and got a standing ovation. Wish I could've seen that!

So, have a good night, and tomorrow will bring another attempt to post. I'm sure I'll come up with something, right?

Mags

3 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Be careful with anxiety attacks! Slow down and take care of yourself. You are very important. I will ook forward to seeing the dresses you are going to make. I have a dress pattern fro, the A.R.C. that I paid twenty five cents for. My friend Alyn is a great seamstress. She is going to do the big stuff making my cute dress! Have a great week!

Evil Pixie said...

I suffer from anxiety attacks. The first one I had was about 2 years ago, and I had no idea what it was at the time. I actually thought it was low blood sugar, and I literally passed out. A lot of tests and even more doctor visits, and I learned it was anxiety attacks. I still have them but not nearly as frequently and not nearly as severe. They feel more like I cannot get enough air and my head starts spinning to a point where I have to sit down - if I'm not already sitting down. Or I just need to go outside. They totally suck, but I did learn a few tricks that minimize them.

Here are a few: 1) Deep, slow breaths. When you feel it coming on, focus on your breathing. If it helps - go outside. It should be roughly 10 deep, slow breaths per minute. 2) Always sit down. Just being aware that you need to sit down forces you to collect yourself a bit. Plus, it is a safety thing. 3) Cold actually has a powerful effect on the body during an anxiety attack. If possible, find something cold to touch and concentrate on it. 4) Minimize stress. I know this is easier said than done. Believe me, you're talking to the expert on that one. But little, simple tweats help. Recognizing what you can control and what you cannot control; exercise - even just a little; minimizing stressers such as caffeine, little sleep, poor diet, etc.; take time each day to get lost (i.e. watch a movie, take up a hobby, etc.).

Hope this helps.

Maggie said...

Anne- thank you for your kind words.

And I want to see YOUR dress!

Evil P- thanks for all the good tips. They do help!