Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"N"oga

Last night was supposed to be my very first yoga class. Well, guess what?

Noga. Or no go. The weather canceled it. It was blowing, drifting, icing, and snowing is all. Bunch of wusses. The weather really is bringing just about everything to a stand still. So much for exercising and crossing things off the list. Wonder if my first spin class will happen tonight? I'm not holding my breath.

It's so bad that we actually have a snow day today. This is the second snow day Alcatraz has taken in five years. Other than sleep in, I'm not sure what to do with myself. See if ITSam wants to come over and play board games, watch movies and eat all the junk I bought, probably. (though Laughing Cow Cheese spead on Wheat Thins isn't horrible junk, right? However, if I follow it by cookie dough and bbq chips that might be bad....)

If you're watching the weather across the country I'm living right in the middle of the horrendous blizzard and ice storm. Banks, libraries, coffee shops--- all closed. Gas stations are out of gas, stores have no milk or bread. True story- since yoga was nixed I went to Wally World because we needed bread. We really needed bread- we had the heel left, and a stale hot dog bun. I bought bread and a bunch of other junk we didn't need. I thought I'd grab some eggs, and lo and behold--- no eggs. The shelves were full of milk and bread but NO eggs. There were, I should say, organic eggs that were $4.98 for a dozen and there were only 3 cartons of those. I bought none. No eggs. I thought that was pretty strange. How does a blizzard equate to eggs? Why does a large amount of snow drive a person to frantically purchase eggs?

After all the weather is over and done with, there'll be classes later I'm sure. So as for next week's yoga class, I'm thinking I better "be there or be square." Or be there and be a pretzel...

Mags

*********** editor's note: This morning we are now getting snow- not more ice- and we're under a level 2 emergency. I don't know what that means other than DON'T DRIVE but it doesn't sound good, does it? We're supposed to get 12-18 inches and we're probably near 8?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

ugh!!! I am so sorry you are getting it all! Please stay warm!!
Hugs, Lisa