This is hard. It sounds dumb to say this is hard but it is. ITSam and I went to a really cool used record store, which also carries CDs, and found one and I don't like it. It's not even something I can remotely find interesting enough to listen to the whole thing. As a matter of act I had to text Sam while typing this post to even ask the name of the band: The Black Keys.
So, I'm appealing to all of you for help. Prizes will be given. I need some musical suggestions.
What I do NOT like:
- country (however, bluegrass is okay... like Allison Kraus)
- music that has rap or talking anywhere in it (Mac will play me some "Great band, mom" and I ask if it's rap. He says no and then half way through the song, it's totally rap. Yuck.)
- emo/ Goth/ industrial
- most classic rock... uh, yeah I suck... (I do love all things Beatles)
I do like:
- Elton John, Barry Manilow, Rob Thomas, Matchbox 20, Billy Joel
- some rock
- Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Dean Martin
- 50s & 60s music
- Glenn Miller, big band, swing, jazz, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday
I obviously like so many other types and styles of music but I can't say too many more without adding some sort of clarification. I like "most" hairbands. For example, I love Bon Jovi but am not a huge G&R fan. I LOVE Green Day but don't care much for the rest of the Punk scene. I like about 4 John Mayer songs but don't care for the rest of his sound. I can say the same for Pogue Mahone, Flogging Molly, Red Hott Chili Peppers, Bruno Mars, Jason Mraz, Pearl Jam, Katy Perry, and the Black Eyed Peas. All of these, I love SOME of their stuff, but not all.
If you could make suggestions of bands/ songs/ stylings of anything that could be compared to what I do like, I'm open to suggestions. The name of a group plus a recommended album would be especially sweet.
I'll even give a prize to the blogger whose suggestion of band & album I buy and listen to all the way through!
This is a tough challenge, I know, since I listen to a wide and eclectic group of music. It has to be a band or group I've never heard. I'm thinking of amending it to to a singer or group that maybe I heard 1 song on the radio and should get the whole album?
Please help me with your musical stylin' sounds recommendations!