Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Book Struggles

I can't seem to get my read on. This is a first time my entire life. I've had "readers block" before but it usually only last for a few days, or a week at most. This is bad this time. Proof: in the month of January I read 1 book. Yes, one whole book, and only 1. If that doesn't seem like a big deal, let me point out that in January 2011 I read 6, January 2010 I read 5 books, and in January 2009 I read 9 books. See, the numbers never lie!

I just can't seem to find anything that really attracts my attention right now.

Also, I can't seem to focus on words on the page either. I find I read the same line or paragraph over and over again. I think my life is stressful that I just cant concentrate. It's so much easier to stare at the tv and not move.

Another issue could be my eyes. They are so sore and feel "tired" by the end of a day. I haven't had an eye exam or new glasses since summer of 2007 and I can feel it each day. I can't see jack far way and doing small work like reading, quilting, paper crafting, all seem to cause eye strain and give me headaches. I know staring at my computer screen each day doesn't seem to help either.

Whatever the reason I just can't seem to get myself into reading.

So, I'm begging for some good suggestions from you, my readers. You can go to my old books blogs ( 2009 and 2010-2011) of past to get some ideas of what I like, if you want. Or just go out on a limb and give a suggestion. I need something that's going to engage and grab me from the first few pages, please!

need to get my that readin' feelin',
Mags

No comments: