Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

More Nookie... does that make me a book slut?

Back in December, remember I bought a Nook but had to return it because of all the car repairs I had to make? I also had to return some Christmas gifts that were Nook accessories. I was sad.

But now I'm happy! Elated! Excited! Stunned! And completely wowed!

Mac got some money back from school and from his first paycheck. And in the mail I received.... yes, you guessed it... a Nook! Not just any Nook but...

A NOOK COLOR!!!!

Yes, Mac bought me a Nook color. I'm just stunned. I can't believe it. He used his money and bought it for me. Park of me thinks I should've made Mac return it but I didn't. Here's why:

He said he hasn't gotten me a good Christmas gift in his entire life. He said I had an important birthday last year and didn't get me anything. He also said I was the best mom ever and he thanked me for always be there for him and never giving up on him. He thanked me for being patient with him and always standing by him, no matter what. I was crying my eyes out by the time he was done and there's no way I could return it after all that. Thank you Mac for the Nook, even though I know you'll never see this post!

I was blown away. I couldn't believe he would give me such an awesome gift. And one that meant so much. He also told me that he felt so terrible that I had to return it and it was the least he could do. We've been having a great time playing with it! It's completely amazing. I don't know enough about it yet to share the details but it's phenomenal. I love it already!

And, I happen to tell a friend of mine what Mac did and he got me a gift:


So now I have this fabulous, brand new Color Nook and this totally fabulous pink, leather Nook cover, with a fabulously funny quote by one of my favorite Irish authors!!! (and the quote, in case you can't see it is, "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood."~ Oscar Wilde)

I feel so special! And overwhelmed and just... wow. It's wonderful. I can't wait to start reading and playing with the Nook and downloading!

It's my second Nook in 3 months. Does that make me a Nook Book slut?

Mac's mom,
Maggie

3 comments:

Curley said...

That is so cool. What a great son. Can I borrow him for a while. Just till his next payday? Pretty please?

Maggie said...

Curly- sure you can borrow him! but I don't want to trade- you just gain one! ;)

Shan said...

Wow! How very special. You need to feel special about now don't you? I'm so glad to read this post. :)