Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Stuff

  • I am so sick of the cold weather.
  • I am so sick of my mouth hurting and of eating soft foods. A girl can only consume so much soup, jello, pudding, yogurt, oatmeal, and applesauce before going crazy!
  • I mentioned about a student I was working with... well, she got an A on a language test. She said it was the first A in her life. She also got a B+ on a reading test. I am SO proud of her! And the day I missed school for the dental procedure, she did her own homework without my help and took some notes without anyone telling her to do it (so she could give them to me!) I told her I was gonna hang her test on my fridge at home, but I bought her a vanilla latte instead!
  • My wrists and the palms of my hands hurt. Why you might ask? From gripping the arms of the dental chair so hard. Yeah, I know.
  • I hardly ever go to the video store on the weekends, usually because I'm at the movie theater. So Friday night I went with a list of movies, but I was sort of on auto pilot, ya know? I'm walking around, hunting for the movies I want and there are tons of people. And most of the movies are gone and picked over and I'm thinking to myself, in all seriousness, "Where did all these people come from? Why are all the movies gone? What the hell is going on?" As I'm checking out, I mention to the clerk how busy they are and he says "We're usually this busy on a Friday." Oh, yeah.... no wonder all the movies I wanted to rent were gone. Geez! That was a total idiot moment for me, eh?
  • And while speaking of movies, I can't believe our local video store didn't get one copy of Bright Star, the film that's about John Keats and Fanny Bright and is probably going to get Oscar nods. Not one single copy. They have 27 copies of The Hangover but none of Bright Star.
  • The other night I was watching tv with Mac and I laughed so hard I was on the floor. Mac said, "Get up mom, no one rotfl's in real life." Which made me laugh even harder!

8 comments:

Curley said...

I'm sorry your jaw still is sore. Try using it a little more and it might work some of the stiffness out. Just opening and closing your mouth a little wider till the stiffness works its way out. Not enough that it really hurts though. It's only been 3 days.

Maggie said...

Curley- funny you should say to use it more. I would rather just sit with my mouth closed. LOL- that's a FIRST! haha!

Wiley said...

Ugh I feel your pain. When I had my wisdom teeth out it was all I could do to not eat a big giant juicy steak. As it was, I avoided the steak but still went back to solid foods too soon and I got a bit of food stuck in the hole where one of my teeth used to be... which necessitated me going back to the dentist. Bad move!

I am so excited for your student. The first A in her life - that is awesome! I bet it's the first of many :)

Maggie said...

Wiley- OMG if that happened to me I would die. I would literally just off myself. It's terrible. Thank you for the inspiration to keep eating soft foods without complaint!

And it does so ROCK for my student- go HER!

Bragger said...

Give your student a high five from me. Never mind that she doesn't have a clue who I am. She's clearly awesome! Maybe I could introduce her to Chris, and they could have babies together or something'....

sam said...

Hey you,

I'm sick of it too. Back to the thirties last night.

Sorry that you're not feeling well. You'll be up to par soon.

Are you a member of Netfix? They have Bright Star. Want me to send you a free 2 week subscription?

Later.............p

Maggie said...

Bragger- I'll tell her! (And if Chris is short for Christina then she might be interested, if you get my drift...)

sam- free 2 week subscription say you? Oh yes, please! Have you seen "Bright star"?

And let's get the cold weather back to some level of Dante's hell where it belongs!

Shan said...

Yay for great strides with that youngster! And for hilarious comments from youngsters about hilarious tv moments. That is tooo funny. I have been watching season one of 30 Rock with hubby on Instant Netflix and it is killing me! I'm surprised I haven't taken to the floor with my huge cackling outbursts! :D

Yes, Netflix is totally the way to go.