Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

So far, so good!

Well, all the schools in my county are officially on a two-hour delay. For those of you who never get these (or who are out of the education loop, or out of this country!) that means we'll start school 2 hours later than usual.

But a 2 hour delay means a REALLY good chance of just canceling school altogether!

I know I'm simply terrible since I only worked all day Tuesday (no school on Monday because it was the last day of Christmas vacation), I worked a half day Wednesday since I went home to take care of a sick Mac (who is MUCH better now!), and a half day today since we received an early dismissal due to the snowy weather. And I was just off for 2 weeks for Christmas. And I haven't had a real job in over a year--- so why the hell would I, of all people, want a snow day?

It's a teacher thing. I gotta tell ya, it's a teacher thing! We hear the words "lots of snow" and we all start salivating at the mere thought of a snow day! I think the teachers were worse than the kids today, with the building anticipation of a "snow day!"

It would totally be awesome to get a snow day on a FRIDAY! Can we say "three day weekend?!?" Yeah, I know, teachers always have it easy! (I could barely type that from my body convulsing laughter!)

When I left the insurance office tonight at 7:30 p.m. it was still snowing, the city roads were terrible- the plows just can't seem to keep up- and the wind in town was starting to blow. It was blowing so hard, as a matter of fact, that there was a drift up against Daddy-O's garage when I got home. And we had just been plowed out 3 hours prior!

Jack Frost and Mother Nature are waging war!

Guess I'll find out tomorrow if we're off, or just running 'delayed'.

Maybe baby,
Maggie

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Snow day! Snow day!!!! Crossing my fingers for you :)

Maggie said...

Cheryl- thanks! it's good to have the "positive" energy sent my way!