Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Current Obsession Meme

I haven't done a meme in awhile so I thought I would cop out and do one today. I'm too tired to think about a real post!

About the meme:
Answer the Current Obsession category and then explain WHY you chose that response. Easy enough? Thanks as always for playing!

Book: Eat, Pray, Love- and it's not an obsession in a good way. I'm just trying to get it done and over with. I'll say no more since it's the book of the month for our virtual bookclub!

Snack: Inside Out Junior Mints- white on the outside and chocolate on the inside and just delicious!

Restaurant: Applebees. I LOVE their food and I never seem to tire of it, probably because when I lived in the Wild West, the nearest was 3 hours away so I ate there about 3 times in 3 years. Now I can go anytime since it's 20 minutes- and I DO! Man, do I want their wings right now!

Beverage: coffee. I don't care how I have it as long as I do. It's been so cold I use it to warm me up. I've been so tired I use it to perk me up!

Decor: Shoes. See title of blog to understand the obsession

Actor: Johnny Depp- need I really say more?

Actress: Amy Adams. She is my current obsession. I have just found her delightful on the silver screen of late so I'm trying to watch everything she's been in!

Movie: I don't a movie obsession. I obsess about keeping track of the movies I watch- does that count?

TV show: House. I. LOVE. this. show. It's smart and funny and crazy, which reminds me of...me!

Hobby: Knitting. Yeah, I've been learning to loom knit. I can't believe it either.

Band: Bon Jovi, and no I don't think their album The Circle is the worst one of 2009! I've been a fan of this 80s hairband since they debuted when I was in high school in the late 80s. Ha!

Song: "Hey Soul Sister" No, this is by Train, not Bon Jovi, but I completely dig this song! I even set it as a ring tone on my phone when my GFs call!

Meme: This one because I'm filling this one out... (this question just has a "duh" sort of quality to it.)

Blog: I refuse to pick one that I obsess over because I have about 10 that I read every day no matter what. So, of late, I have a new blog that I've added to my rotation that I really enjoy that I'll mention here because you should all go read her since she's creative and funny and artistic and smart: A work in progress. Go ahead, click her now. All you're doing is reading my dumb meme!

Lover: not applicable. I have none. Though I have email crush on someone...!

Friend: I love all my friends and consider myself blessed to have so many at this time in my life. I think I must have gotten nicer/better with age because I have more friends now than I have in my entire life. So hats off to my real life friends who I appreciate more than they could ever know: Curley, Lilith, Gulo, XRayGirl, Patti, DNice, LBO, Farrago, Kelly, Honey, Ian, and Jas. I also want to give a huge shout out to my friends in bloggerland that are a supportive system of friends who give good advice, give good comments, and who give good email! Thank you all and I appreciate you all, too: Finn, Bragger, Wiley, Evil Pixie, TyAnna, Julie, Cheryl, The Prodigals, Lemon, and Shan!

Quote: "Well behaved women rarely make history." ~ Laural Thatcher Ulrich. It's true.

Peeve: Whining students. Again, need I say more?

Sport: none, though with the Olympics coming up I'll get all crazy over ice skating.

Singer: Michael Buble. I got his new CD for Christmas and I just can't get enough!

Thanks to Sunday Stealing and Minnesota Mom for this meme!

10 comments:

Curley said...

Sorry if you haven't heard, Michael Buble just got engaged. Oh well, you can still listen to his music and drool. Love ya.

Maggie said...

Curley- I heard--- oh well! I can still listen and drool like you said! And though he is a hottie, I admire his musical talents, his voice, and his style SO much more than his looks. Hmmmm, I sound so grown up. Gee, I'm old.

Bragger said...

Michael Buble makes my teeth sweat.

But Billy Joel is still the only one Hubby has to fear.....

Shan said...

I find Michael Buble terribly sexy! When I saw him perform on American Idol a couple years ago, I was like YOWZA.

Oh, and you almost got me with the "go ahead and click over there now" bit. (That may not have been an exact quote). I suffer from ADD enough to obey and click and then forget how I got there in the first place.

Then you mentioned little ole me in your blogger list so you know each of us eats that up. :)

Ok, off to see the new blog sensation! Byee

Cheryl said...

Inside out Junior Mints? Is this new?

Applebees - my local one has $1 sliders and $2 beers. I've ben there a lot lately.

Coffee- sadly, I can;t have this blessed brew any more. My body doesn't seem to like it. Oh well. At least I can still drink hot chocolate.

Decor- I so agree!!! I have been obsessed with shoes lately.

Hobby - I've always wanted to knit. Though I suspect I probably never will.

Blog - Thanks, Maggie!! :)

Friends - you're so lucky. So many of mine seem to be going through some kind of depression or another. Not all thank God, though.

Quote - makes me feel better. I hate doing what others tell me to do.

Maggie said...

Bragger- makes your teeth sweat???? OMG- too funny!

Shan- *kisses* to you! (We are such comment whores!)

Cheryl- $1 Sliders???? Gimme some of those!!! Please!

Cheryl said...

Hi Maggie, of course! All suggestions welcome. It's that heavy, judgmental energy I'm allergic to right now, not genuine support. :)

Maggie said...

Cheryl- I left a long comment with suggestions over at your place.

And thank so much for being open enough to at least hear me out, even if I don't know what I'm talking about since I don't know what you're looking for... I appreciate you openness!

sam said...

Awww, thanks! Same at ya!

P

Maggie said...

P- thanks! ;)