Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If I could just say no... I wouldn't get myself into these things

In March Mac told me about some band I never heard of coming to some venue I never heard of on a day I didn't really pay attention to in Chicago-- who says I don't listen?

Then last weekend he mentioned it again. he said I gave a distracted "uh-mmmmmmm" and went back to my computer.

Well, I guess he was really serious about going and I guess I said something about being willing to think about it and it was time to think about it.

So Mac took matters into his own hands. First, he hates his father the Fucktard Asshat Spermdonor for LOTS of reasons right now but he put that hatred aside and asked his goodfornothing SD for money for the concert. His dad said he would buy the ticket. Then Mac turned in the job applications so if I let him go to the concert, he could pay me back for any money I spent-- you know, on the off chance that he could go. And he also took out the trash, emptied the dishwasher, vacuumed the living room rug, agreed to paint the shed when it stopped raining, and washed cookie sheets (they don't fit in the dishwasher so they have to be hand washed!).

With all that happening, the stupid check engine light came on in my car so I can't drive three hours to Chicago. Mac appealed to Daddy-O who said YES that I could drive HIS car to Chicago. Mac has a friend who can go. Now it was all up to my and my wallet. Do I have enough money to put gas in Daddy-O's car and pay for food? Am I willing to spend all day hanging around in Chicago? Do I want to give up almost an entire weekend to do this? No, no, no, and no. See, I can type that right here but I can't seem to SAY it to Mac.

I was just thinking about it. I never said yes. But... I thought now it would be BAD to say no. I told Mac if XRay Girl would go with, then I would say yes. (I have friends in Chicago but I had no idea, on short notice, if anyone was free, though I did send an email tonight to see!) She said YES. So Mac, Mac's Friend, XRay Girl and I are taking Daddy-O's car to Chicago on Saturday. While the boys see the concert, she and I are going to do.... something. What I'm not sure, but we'll find something... from 2-11pm.

Of course, I'll be taking a TON of pictures!!!!

And XRay Girl hasn't ever been to Chicago that she can remember in the last 20 years. So we have things we want to do like Chinatown, Watertower, Magnificent Mile, and Navy Pier.

Now, if I said no, then I could stay home with my sullen teenager and feel guilty. So guess what I'm doing on Saturday?

Windy City here we come,
Mags

Oh yeah, and I'll be posting pictures on my traveling blog, which hasn't had any pictures posted on it since I was in Indianapolis, IN last September! (I hope hope hope I can add pictures to this blog this summer!!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go anywhere--- Ireland again? London? regardless, Chicago is a start!)

5 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

From 2 to 11? Is that how long the concert is? That is one, long concert!

PS. You're a good mum. :)

Curley said...

Ahh, so there was a reason he did all the good deeds around the house. I think you and x-ray girl should just have yourselves a good 'ol time while in Chicago. Look at it as an opportunity for a mini vacation.

Jimmie Earl said...

It's awfully hard to say NO to our children. I remember how hard it was to let you go to Indy for concerts and how I stayed up and worried until you arrived home safely. At least you're not sending Mac in a carload of other teens. Go, enjoy the day with XRay Girl. It might be just what you need to clear your head.
JE

Maggie said...

Evil P- it's a concert/ music festival... and thanks.

Curley- i'm thinking positive thoughts! and i'm sure it will be a good time.

JE- I thought about sending him with his friend but the thought about made me throw up. And thank YOU for for you CAR and support! you're too generous!!!!!

sam said...

Hey Maggie,

Have fun. Are you driving home at 11p???? Be safe!

Let me know any plans if you come here. In June I have no plans until 6/27. Maybe you can see the Gulf before spill.

P