Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sex and the City 2

So on Friday, May 28 Sex and the City 2 opens. And XRay Girl and I are totally going. Now, XRay Girl is usually up for any adventure, but she is a very down to Earth person. She doesn't usually dress up. And she's not super "girlie". She is a super awesome person but one who doesn't see the need to own lots of pink anything, nor own over 100 pair of shoes. Or a boa. Or a tiara. But I love her anyway.

That being said, I've decided we should have a mini SATC2 party and I threw the idea at her. If she went along with it, I was going to try and convince Curley-- just she is not really sure about this... However, XRayGirl is on board. We're going to glam ourselves up and see the movie then go for drinks. I'm hoping I'll have my pink dress all finished. Then I'm going to wear my 3 inch pink alligator pumps and my boa and get some big hair and a pair of sun glasses and maybe even draw on a beauty mark. Pictures will be forth coming after said event!

Hello, it's a SATC2 event! I think this could be a hoot. I have several girlfriends but not many of them know each other- my friends come from the different areas of my life- or I would get them all together and we could take the theater by storm.

If Gulo were here, I would BEG her to participate- and I think she finally would cave in and do it if it meant I would shut the heck up- since she and I watched SATC on DVDs and drank together when I lived in the Wild West.

As a fan of SATC I think this is a proper way to welcome the movie. Wish you were all here to go with! And chick here for the official trailer- I couldn't get that sucker to embed at a scale that fit my bloggy margins!

Glam Girl Wannabe,
Mags

21 comments:

Shan said...

GREAT IDEA!! I love that show so much except I mostly watched the edited version on TBS which is more my speed with my Sandra Dee ways-heehee.

I rented the first movie and couldn't help but watch it twice back to back! Don't you just feel like you are one of them or something? It is so good.

I'm going to arrange a viewing with my local girls too. We can view it together from across the miles! :D

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOUUUUU! I know you love being a mom as much as I do.

Maggie said...

Okay Shan- you and your girls have to glam it up and share pix with me!!! I'm such a "Carrie"!!!! (So where the Hell is my Mr Bigg when I need one?)

Happy Mom Day to you as well- enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever saw it but I guess if I was invited I'd have to come out to the party.

I ain't wearin pink dungarees or boots or hat though.

Maggie said...

Southern Sage- well unfortunately, you aren't the 'target audience' of SATC, but I can't believe you've never caught a rerun on cable... Though I think you might like it because, usually, there are lots of nekkid boobies...

And baby, I promise you would've have to wear pink anything...or anything...

Feel free to stop on over for the party...

Anonymous said...

Naked Boobies? Check!

No pink huh? I look better in something though so I better have a some kinda coverings on. I'll see if I can make the party

Maggie said...

Southern S- boots and spurs and hat are fine, babe!

Anonymous said...

I think that might be like shower sex, better in theory most of the time. Being built for comfort doesn't lent itself to much nakedness with all the lights on!

Maggie said...

Southern S- and I am a woman built for comfort...! Soft lights are preferred- candle light? and shower sex is usually better in theory if anyone is expecting to really get clean. Otherwise we should call it what it is: foreplay.

Anonymous said...

Ok now you are working with me @ candles. How bout I come to the party fully clothed and then see how she flies?

Maggie said...

Southern S- clothes are good. You could be my 'Mr. Bigg' to my Carrie glam... hmmmm, bet that sounds all ten kinds of dirty since to you since you don't know who 'Mr. Bigg' is now, doesn't it?????

Anonymous said...

That sure is a lot of stress you are putting on a poor cracker! Oh but make no mistake now the "big" is all up in the house though!

Maggie said...

S Sage- aren't you just fun? Okay, Mr. Bigg is Carrie's man... dear heart, go rent a disc of one of the seasons, or go rent Sex and the City the first movie and it will all make sense...... you poor baby.

But it's nice to know about the, uh,... big part. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes well ummmm I prolly won't do any renting. But yeah @ the Big part.

I have to pay for two meals at the buffet, ya know I feed it separately.



"cries" word verification

Maggie said...

S Sage- OMG... you make me giggle out loud- 2 buffets. hehehehe...

(and if you're curious about SATC, youtube it. I think there's a clip on there of Samantha's orgasm from one episode...... And some people say this show isn't for men... *hrumph!*)

And you seem to be either a good conversationalist or one who likes the last word...

"cries"? love it... cries as in: She cries out "oh my god yes yes yes!"?

Anonymous said...

LOL

I ain't that curious. I was in a applebees one time and a chick came over to where I was at the bar and said "I just had to tell you from your profile you look like Aiden (sp) from sex in the city"

I said "well I dunno who that is but he is a good lookin sonofabitch ain't he"

She said "absolutely"

there is my sex in the city reference.

Anonymous said...

yeah like she cries OMG Big Pappi!!!

Or she cries "Holy shit, that ain't never gonna fit!"

Nah I just always answer.

Maggie said...

You look like Aiden? Oh my fucking god--- well, now. *Ahem* Oh my... I'll certainly send you an engraved invitation to my little party!

Anonymous said...

Well I dunno but thats what the chick said. I usually get Tim McGraw but thats just the eyes I think. Cause he's a scrawny lil hook wormy dood.

Gulo said...

I have a feeling if you begged long enough I would cave...and I might resurect my Hot Pink high heel shoe things I got one halloween...You've never seen such a sight (pink and black zebra stripesd shirt, ratted hair, pleather pants, giant hoop earrings...the whole bit---- can you imagine it?) The scary part is I wasn't even drunk when I got dressed. And I didn't even break and ankle! :)

Maggie said...

S Sage- Tim McGraw is a puss...

Gulo- OMG- you? YOU? Own that?!? And I never saw it?!? Okay, so you're going to come here for the SATC2 party and wear it, right? Please please please!!!

Begging here... lots of begging!!!

Gulo said...

I have a feeling the shirt and pants no longer fit...or exist. I belive if any pictures existed, they are now destroyed. I DO have the shoes somewhere- I think. Pretty funny, huh? If pics ever do surface, I'll shoot one your way. How much are plane tickets???