Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Last minute meme blogging...

I was going to write about underwear but today was a bad day. I will blog about it (either the underwear or the bad day- not sure which) tomorrow. You know the hole I've sorta been in lately? Well, I just feel like it got a little deeper. But because I try to blog every day, here... Thanks Sunday Stealing... I don't know what I'd do without honor among thieves... and trust me, with the day I've had today, this is actually ironic.

Rules: We all are fans. Be it Star Trek or Twilight, you are a fan of something. Pick a subject, book, TV and/or movie series. Now tell us all about it!

1. The first character I fell in love with:
Probably come character as a kid but I don't remember. So, that being said, I fell in love with Atticus Kodiak, a central character in Greg Rucka novels.

2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now:
Stephanie Plum, a goofy woman who chases people who jump bonds. I thought she was stupid but the more I read of the series, the more I love her and her wacky ways.

3. The character I would shag anytime:
William (played by the incredible Jeffery Dean Morgan) of the film PS I Love You.

4. The character I'd slap:
I go to tv to answer this. That Denozo character on NCIS. I do not watch that show any more because of that character, a total asshole.

5. Who are 3 favorite characters.
Three favorite movie characters: Atticus Finch )played by Gregory Peck) of To Kill a Mockingbird (also a fav book character so he pulls double duty), Charles (played by Hugh Grant) of Four Weddings and a Funeral; and Iris (played by Kate Winslet) from The Holiday.

6. What are my 3 favorite pairings.
Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan (films)
China Bayles and Ruby (book series by Susan Wittig Albert)
Lucy and Ethel (do I need to explain?)

7. Which character I'm most like.
Holly Golightly of Breakfast at Tiffany's, except I'm not a hooker....

8. The coolest thing about the canon:
that it's called 'the canon'

9. The lamest crappiest thing about the canon:
classic books usually suck and are depressing

10. My guiltiest pleasure in this fandom:
House MD, the tv show

11. What story I wish I could read (or art I wish I could see)
I would love to see Gone with the Wind or Breakfast at Tiffany's in a movie theater

12. What story I wish I had written/still want to write:
Girl meets guy, girl marries guy, girl and guy actually live happily ever after... really!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant' stand Hugh Grant.... love hanks ryan films too!

Chin up tomorrow is Friday...

Maggie said...

TaDa- hate Hugh Grant? hmmmmmm, he's one of my favorite actors. I love his bumbling quaint British self- and "Love Actually" and "Notting Hill" are two of my favorite movies. But to each their own I suppose.

TGIF!

Curley said...

I love Hugh Grant. Don't know why but if he is on I will watch it no matter how many times I have already seen it. And I really like watching NCIS. DeNozzo's charactor goes deeper than the stupid jokes he pulls all the time. Like you said to each his own. Enjoy the weekend.