Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Under the Covers meme

I stole this meme from The Queen's Meme...

1. Name 2 things you have done under the covers in the last week.

Sleep and roll my eyes that I have to get out of bed

2. Do you know what a woobie is? Do you have a special one?
Some kid named Kevin in the movie Mr. Mom had one, right? Like a blankie? And no, I don't have one. At my age, that might seem a bit strange.

3. What prompts you to pull the covers over your head and hide from the world?
knowing I have to go to school, but there are only 9 more days (not counting today) of that nonsense left

4. Firm or soft?
ummmm, what are we talking about here?

5. Silk or flannel?
Silk jammies

6. Lights on or off?
well, I sleep much better when the lights are off

7. Fan or no air?
oh, fan and air are great

8. Completely dark or nite light?
completely dark for sleeping, please!

9. Windows open or shut
open windows are fine with me

10. Sweet dreams or nightmares?
I suffer from both-- sometimes at the same time

11. PJ's or……
or what?

12. Set bedtime?
on a school night I'm usually more pleasant with my students if I have a good night's sleep so I try to be in the rack by 10:30pm

13. What do sheep count when they can't sleep?
they count people, of course

14. What does your alarm clock sound like?
right now it's Jason Mraz singing "I'm Yours"

15. White noise or music
neither; silence is golden

16. TV or IPod?
I used to be a firm believer that TV's should not be in bedrooms because beds were for sleeping or screwing, not watching TV. Though I do have an iPod...

17. Can you recall a pleasant dream you'd like to share?
not that I can share. It's naughty...

18. Under the covers or outside the covers
both, depending on the temperature of the room

19. Insomniac or sleep angel?
I'm well known for my insomnia

20. What is your favorite sleep aid for those tossin' and turnin' nights?
vodka. Valium. Equate sleep aid: 2 pills. Um, and before ya'll go planning an intervention, I don't usually take these three in combination.

21. Morning person or night person
Night owl

22. Bedtime snack?
okay. What are we having?

23. Hot or cold room
Cold please!

24. Bedtime ritual?
go pee, brush teeth, put on jammies, take/ drink a sleep aid, rub lotion on legs and feet, turn on alarm, fluff pillows, and read for as long as possible

25. Twin, Queen, King, Bunk or Futon
have a queen, would love a King

26. Socks or naked feet
except for the dead of winter, naked

27. Bedroom door locked or unlocked?
my bedroom is a loft attic with no door on it. If I had a door, it would be unlocked unless I was in there with... someone else.

28. Tent or hotel room
Hotel room. I do not camp, under any circumstances

29. If you could be bored to sleep, what would bore you?
lectures by the social studies teacher... I can barely stay awake during his class as it is

30. Prayers or mantra?
no and no

31. What was the worst nightmare you ever had?
it involved rings of fire, fast moving cars, the jungle, a bottomlessly deep lake and huge man-eating alligators

32. Please share any ideas on how to stop a person from snoring.
have enough sex with the snorer that you exhaust yourself and you fall asleep before they do so you don't hear 'em

33. If one purely pleasant thought could ensure fast and sound deep sleep for you every night, what would your one thought be?
I have no idea. I'm open to suggestions. It would be nice to just turn off my mind for a little bit. My brain is really full right now.

34. How many hours do you normally sleep?
not enough lately

35. Thunderstorms or quiet starry night?
both have their merits.

36. Warm bath or hot shower?
hot shower

37. What is the craziest thing that ever happened in your bed?
Daddy-O reads this so I can't tell you here. Email me if you want to know that badly!

38. Name a song you could fall asleep to.
Pachabel's "Canon in D"

39. Who last told you a bedtime story?
A former Sam of many many years ago that I used to refer to as Ian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

starry nights floating in the pool ... so peaceful... what's new?

Wiley said...

hahahaaaaa... killing myself over #4

If you need me, I'll be in the gutter...