Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

One ruins it for all-- well, more than one!

Brief announcement:

Due to the huge number of spamy, junky, sales-y type comments I'm getting here on my blog, I've turned the comment word verification back on. I know it sucks, but I'm getting about 30 junk comments a day that I have to read through to find the real, legitimate ones that I love to read from real human beings who care. And then I have to click "reject" on each one- grrrr! Many apologies!!

And if the word verification screws up your ability to comment, please let me know! We can figure out a plan B.

Maggie

5 comments:

Finn said...

A bit like junk email. I have an account that's constantly targeted with the stuff.
Not that it's hard to find the junk.

PenisEnlargement Pills that Work! Try it Risk Free - 100% Guaranteed

Bound to be junk, I don't need any of those...

A junk comment filter would be useful for blogs.

Maggie said...

Finn- I have an email account just for spam as well. And my 'regular' account is starting to get some so I'm trying to figure out where i screwed up and used it rather than the spam account. damn it!

I wish blogger had a spam filter; that would rock!

And I'm glad to know you don't need any penis enlargement pills. ;)

Curley said...

Just to let you know, that last year just before Christmas the junk e-mail that we were getting here just about doubled and that was with a spam-fighter on. After Christmas it settled back down to a managable number.

Evil Pixie said...

Totally understandable. I get them too. I end up deleting more comments than publishing them because investigation reveals SPAM/sales type links.

Maggie said...

Curley- if the junk mails slows, then i will certainly pull it back off.

Evil P- I hate spam. I wish, like Finn said, that blogger could have a SPAM fighter/ blockers. LOL!