Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I love surprises!

I do love surprises, well, the good kind anyway! And this week I had to awesome surprises.

First, I called my blog reading friend in Florida named P. She reads blogs but doesn't blog herself. She's been reading me for a awhile now, and somehow we exchanged emails and then one day when I got my new cell phone number, I did a mass email and grouped her in with it. Lo and behold, she called me on my birthday.

So this week, I thought I would call her to chat and wish her a Merry Christmas and tease her about our weather here- it's cold and we have snow. She lives in Florida and while it's not what I could consider cold there, it is to her. But when I phoned her, I got her answering machine so I left a goofy (long message- sorry P!) and she reversed surprised me and called me back! We had a good chat last night, and P, I hope you're feeling better soon! It was great to talk to you; thank you for calling back!

My second surprise came in today's mail! Fellow blogger and teacher, an excellent writer that you must check out, sent me a gift! The ever awesome Bragger was crocheting beanie hats for her students and wrote about it on her blog a few weeks ago. Being the smart ass that I am, I posted a comment about wanting one. Well, wish and you shall receive because that super kind and thoughtful blog friend of mine made me a pink beanie and sent it to me!!!! It's so adorable and I love it! it fits perfectly. Thank you Bragger for your kindness!

Two great surprises in two says. I love it when good things happen.

beanie wearin',
Mags

2 comments:

Bragger said...

You are so welcome, blog friend! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

sam said...

Awww, you make me blush. I love surprises too so when I first heard the message I was thinking 'who isss that'. Then you said your town and I was thinking how nice!

later gator.............p

PS Go check out the header and 12/20 post on

http://pureflorida.blogspot.com/

When you make it here, this is where we will be.