Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's Turkey Day!


Okay, true story. Yesterday I was headed to Northern Civilization to see Hecate (oh, and there's a whole post coming up about that in a few days) and I was driving along the 4 lane highway. This is a state highway and it goes through the pretty Midwestern countryside. It's not unusual to see deer along the roads or hawks circling. It's in the country. However, that being said, I still saw something a bit odd.

I was driving along and in front of me, down the road a bit, were creatures running frantically across the road. I had plenty of time to brake and not hit anything, which I did brake and didn't hit anything. But when I pulled up even with what ran across the road, which was now standing on the side of the road, looking at the highway and at the berm, standing, I had to giggle. There stood 4 turkeys; a raft of turkeys. Wow. Wild turkeys, just standing, all huddled together along the side of the road, the day before Thanksgiving. Turkeys!

I've driven that stretch of road about 10,000+ times in my lifetime and have NEVER seen turkeys. Ever. Not once. But there, on the day before Thanksgiving, were 4 turkeys.

I was going to take a picture but they were down the berm and running before I could get pulled over.

I wonder from where they escaped?

As I drove on by, all I could say was "go turkeys, go turkeys, go turkeys, go!"

Irony lover,
Maggie

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

7 comments:

Hecate said...

Maybe there weren't wild turkeys, but escapees from someone's thanksgiving dinner! LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you. your dad, and Mac. Will have to send an email soon!

P

Maggie said...

P- happy thanksgiving to you! I hope you have a wonderful day- wish I were with you! (One of these days!)

Can't wait to hear from you!

Hecate- I like to think of them as escapees myself!

Wiley said...

A ha haaaa
That is hilarious. I love it. Almost as much as I love eating the poor hapless beasts when they get captured, plucked and roasted.

I hope you and Mac and Daaay-O had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Maggie said...

I love TURKEY and it's so easy to fix.

And thanks for the well wishes; I hope your dinner is yummers too!

BCR said...

Johnny Depthy is so uberlicious I could just eat him up.
Have a bliss filled day!
Best, BCR from smoothfemdom.blogspot.com

Maggie said...

BCR- Thanks for commenting and I so agree- he could be called Mr Yummy!

Come back and read again soon!