Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blogiversary quandry

Okay, so I have no idea when I should be celebrating my blog- anniversary. I mean, really, it's not such a huge deal, but I wanted to do something special for my readers. I just don't know when I should do it.

I started blogging on March 1, 2006, under a different blog name and using a different blogger ID. I've never stopped blogging since that time, but I have gained a new ID and a new blog with a new URL and even a new IP address- it's like I went into the Blogger Protection Program. When the old blog was killed off, I segued directly into "shoes/purses" without missing a beat.

Now, with this blog, I have 2 dates I could consider. On November 9, 2008 I did a post that was a courtesy to anyone who stumbled upon the blog so it wouldn't be post-less. I was still setting it up, adding things in the sidebar, fixing the fonts, finding pictures, and the like. Hecate was helping me find the perfect blog template. I was trying to get "shoes/ purses" up and running but I wasn't in full Maggie mode yet. I made my first babbling Maggie post on Dec. 23 and have been posting here just about every single day since then.

So when is my blogging anniversary? March 1? November 9? December 23?

Any suggestions and feedback you can give me would be particularly appreciated.

thanks for your support,
Maggie

3 comments:

Hecate said...

I would say Dec. 23. The date you actually started writing on this blog full time.

Evil Pixie said...

I look at it in terms of what you're celebrating. Is it that you started blogging, or is it the birth of your current blog? Personally, I think you should go with the March date because it was when you started blogging. Of course, there is nothing that says you can't have two celebrations. Any excuse to have a party, right? ;)

Maggie said...

Hecate- that makes sense

Evil P- okay, that makes sense, too. I love any excuse to have cake and Cosmos and wear cute party shoes!

I could do Maggie's birthday on Dec. 23 and my blogiversary on March 1... Hmmmmmm never thought about doing BOTH!