Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This is a little strange

I have a boyfriend who plays video games. I'm not sure how it happened. I think he kept it a secret until I was hooked. Maybe I should clarify. He doesn't just play video games, he PLAYS video games. Online. With strangers around the world. And has battles. And minions. And other weird online gamer stuff. It might be an MMO or FPS or a RPG... I dunno. All I know is that I have a boyfriend who plays video games.

I find myself having conversations with him that are similar to conversations I have with Mac. And I don't understand it any better with Sam than I do with Mac. I was in the car with Mac, Jack and Sam the other day and I would swear they never spoke English. They all spoke in video gamer speak, about servers and games and worlds and... stuff. I had no idea. And I don't think I said anything for about the entire 45 minutes ride. *Note to self- bring iPod with headphones and a book the next time I'll be confined to the car with the three of them.

Not only does he play video games, but he loves the tv show Family Guy. He likes the cable network G4. He's an IT guy so he LOVES technology. I think Mac is in love with him too, because he's an adult who speaks... Mac, I guess. Get those two together and I don't even need to be there.

Sometimes spending time with Sam is like spending quality time with Mac.

Weird. Very weird.

Maggie

No comments: