- Rocky start because the computer in my room had no printer. It was also not connected to the network printer. And the school's IT guy was at a meeting. So I called the campus IT guy (It wasn't ITSam; he's off work today) who came over and installed printers for me.
- Half of the time my log in works and half the time it doesn't
- We had a good teacher "rah rah" meeting and I learned lots.
- my brain took in so much I feel over loaded
- the lady for whom I'm covering was at the meeting today and doesn't want me to get her stuff out, which I was sort of counting on, so now I have to bring my own stuff because I have empty walls and empty bookcases. (By stuff I mean her classroom library, her posters, etc. I don't have a firm reason why she doesn't want me to use it but she alluded to the fact it could be because she doesn't want me responsible for her stuff if something were to happen). Which means I have to make a trip to the garage to find SOME of my stuff. I'm not bringing all 37 boxes of books...
- I'm coming to the conclusion that teachers are... snotty. They sit in their own groups and don't let other people "in". They are very clique oriented. I don't mind that, really, but it just was a firm reminder today. I'm okay with that but it was just off putting.
- I have 3 sections of freshmen English and 2 sections of juniors. I have a total of 54 kids for the entire day. I get a whole prep period, and additionally I get an 80 minute prep/ lunch combo period.
- I feel like I'm going to either throw up or cry from nerves. I want to do a good job and I'm just a wreck. I spent plenty of time prepping and I've done this for about 10 years so I don't know what my problem is.
- it seemed to go well. The woman who interviewed me said she wants to hire me and she just has to check with HR to make sure she doesn't have to interview other candidates. If not, the job is mine.
- It's a second shift receptionist position: Fridays from 4-10pm and on Saturdays from 230-10pm. This is every third weekend only. Not bad. She thinks it pays $9 an hour. Not bad for about 14 hours a month.
- I'll know something about this by next Wednesday.
Tomorrow is the first kid day. Bring it.