Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Food glorious food!

I've been starving lately. I'm not pregnant, so for God's sake get that thought out of your collective heads. But lately I've been just extremely hungry all the time. I have no idea why. I can't even begin to speculate but I'm famished.

And it's not that I really want junk food, though I do. I really want food. I've been craving steak and mashed potatoes. Yesterday there was a port-a-pit chicken fund raiser and I wanted some so badly. We have a new local pizza place and I can't get enough of their pizza: green olives, meatballs, Italian (beef) sausage. I want breadsticks with cheese and Starbucks coffee. I've been so hungry for seafood salad or a HUGE lettuce salad with croutons and ranch dressing and shredded cheese. And stove top popcorn with butter.

Yup, I'm just hungry.

I've been cooking lots lately, too. We fired up the grill and have had steaks a few times. I learned how to grill so I made brats and I have big plans for chicken.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought food like it was going out of style. And not just junk; I got all sorts of meat to grill and all kinds of cheeses and potatoes. I found some wonderful organic salad greens, which I want to cover in green olives, croutons, cheese and ranch dressing. I'm so hungry for strawberries. And orange juice- not together, but separately.

Chocolate is another "food" I've been dying for. And pastries but not chocolate pastries, if that makes any sense. I've wanted to go to the local Mongolian bar for food (okay, SisIL, we should go there for lunch one day for your birthday. Or Curly! Or anyone!!!!).

Believe it or not, since I've given up eating pork, that seems to be the one thing I'm not craving. Go figure. I'm sure the time will come when I'm ready to kill for a slice of bacon or a big, fat, greasy pork chop, but so far, so good. Turkey bacon and turkey sausage have been satisfying the taste when the craving has hit.

Right this very second I want a turkey sandwich on white Wonder bread with a huge slice of tomato and a piece of Cheddar cheese. With chips on the side.

Mac and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for part of his late birthday celebration just to eat dessert. I swear I could've eaten about 5 pieces. I only had one- a slice of Lemon Creme Cake with strawberries. It. Was. To. Die. For.

Later today ITSam is coming over to grill. We're going burgers and dogs and brats. Jack is there this weekend and he's a picky eater so we're just doing the basics. I'm going to make baked beans and we have chips. Just picnic type of food, so it should all be good. And I love the smell of food cooking on the grill. YUM!

I realize this post had not conclusions drawn and no thought provoking process and was nothing but a list of food I've been craving lately. And that's okay. Because I can't think other than WANTING food!

Maggie

2 comments:

Curley said...

I'm game. Just say when.

angel81 said...

I'm also game! Available pretty much any time! You're blog made me laugh! I know you're not pregnant or breastfeeding, but you reminded me of myself. Hungry ALL the time from breastfeeding!