- box of tri-colored pasta (I use this because I like the color but you can use any type of pasta you want)
- cucumber (I use 1)
- tomatoes (I use a pint of grape tomatoes)
- green pepper (I use 1)
- an orange or a yellow pepper (I use 1)
- black olives, sliced (I use one small can, pre-sliced)
- bottle of Italian Dressing (I like Kraft)
- Optional items: onion, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese
- chicken (canned or pieces that have been cooked thoroughly and taken off the bone)
I always garnish with fresh grated Parmesan cheese before I serve it. Use as many or as few veggies as you desire.
Some people like onions in it and I don't. I will chop some onions and cover with some of the dressing and store in a separate container so anyone can spoon it into the salad.
Obviously, you can add more (or less) veggies and the cheddar cheese if you want. I like it to be colorful so if I use red tomatoes I use orange and green peppers, or if I use yellow tomatoes I use orange and red peppers. Occasionally I get crazy and add squash.
So there you have it- a nice cool recipe to help beat the summer heat. Let me know how you make it- I love to know alternatives!
And it won't catch the house on fire. And I couldn't think of anything else to write about today.