Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pandora's Boom Box- 21st century style

I went to the Verizon store the other day to have my second replacement Crackberry fixed because it's a piece of shit, but something good did come of that horrible 2 hour experience at the Verizon store.

The woman who waited on me has a Crackberry of her own and while she was updating the crap on my piece of crap phone, she asked me if I used Pandora. I had a feeling she wasn't talking about the chick with the box of a thousand horrors but something that could be Blackberry related.

Apparently I have been totally missing out on this wonderful music feature that's free and available online AND on the Crackberry- what's cool is that my cell phone is actually only good as a radio. Sad, isn't it?

Anyway, so Pandora is an online radio station. And what's even better is that it's PROGRAMMABLE! I can type in "Billy Joel" and create a Billy Joel station that will play his music and others in the style of him. I can do that with any artist I want. I even found a genre that's "Chicago Blues" which is cool. Registering is free and setting it up is free. And you can play it on hand held Blackberry like devices as well as through the computer. There is radio you can buy or subscribe to through it, but the free is great, but with just short commercials.

You can also rate the songs, you get 6 skips, you can look at the history of songs... it's awesome! You can have 100 stations total that are created. I know there's more to it- you can share your stations with friends but I have no idea how that works. Go look at it yourself- you can't expect me to do everything for ya: you know I'm technologically impaired. But hey, it's free.

So take a look and see what you can create- your own music. Listen and enjoy.

Dancin' in the sheets,
Maggie

No comments: