Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

You know it's time to shave when...

Mac can grow a beard. I don't mean a little chin stubble but a BEARD. He has a 5 o'clock shadow by 10am. I'm not kidding. And it's not just a little chin hair but it comes in all over his face. He could give Grizzly Adams a run for his money.

Mac does get a little lazy and hates to shave so he won't. He might trim it up a little or he might just let it be unruly. But he does have some serious facial hair. I don't know how many times waiters and waitresses have offered him "something from the bar" without ID-ing him when we've been out to eat. The beard does add some age to him.

Now that being said, he and I were at dinner the other night. We decided to do a late night IHOP run. We do this ever so often; just go eat a super late dinner or a super early breakfast at 2 am. He and I were sitting and chatting, laughing and having a good time. We chatted with our waiter and made fun of other people in the restaurant.

The waiter asked us if we wanted coffee or pie, and Mac said, "Can I, mom?" And the waiter asked, "He's your son?!?" I said "yeah...?" And the waiter said, "I thought he was your date, or something."

When we got home, at 3 am, Mac shaved.

Mags

2 comments:

Curley said...

So funny. You should have just told the waiter that you love to date a younger man and he just likes to call you "mom".

Anonymous said...

See didn't I tell you "don't blink"