Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Think Kit Day 8- Create

Think Kit topic today: What did you make this year? Whether something personal, like a song or some art, or a work project, share your process, the end result about your creation.

This year I feel like I was very creative, which is actually reflected in the pathetic state of this this. I've cooked and crafted quite a bit this year, more than any other, in fact. I've made mail art, tried new recipes, and created several artsy-fartsy things on my pinterest boards. I started a Smashbook and I made most of my own envelopes and cards in 2013.

I've also written LOTS this year. Last May I started writing a paper journal, in the form of letters, to my son Mac. I write every day. Sometimes it reads like an agenda and other times it's full of my thoughts and ideas and fears and just the typical stuff people journal about, I supposed. Every time I fill a journal, I give it to him. He's 20 years old and....this is a good way for him to get to know his mom as a person rather than his parent. Additionally to writing journals daily, I also write lots and lots of letters each month to my friends and penpals.

And it was funny to me that this was a "creative" topic because I totally felt like I got my Martha Stewart on today. I actually did create an art project today: a Christmas ornament wreath. With a hot glue gun and lots of swearing, I managed to make something I like well enough I actually hung it up in the house!



 Maggie


1 comment:

Curley said...

I love it! You did a fantastic job.