Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Think Kit Day 11- Visualize Your Year

Think Kit topic: Draw a pie chart, graph, or Venn diagram of your year. What you measure, count, collect, or combine is up to you!


Apparently I have a very serious problem along with millions of others...Pinterest. Yes, yes My name is Maggie and I'm a Pinterest-a-holic. 

I can spend hours pinning stuff. I can spend hours organizing my boards, looking at pins, making lists, and searching for ideas. Once a month I even organize all my Pin Board covers to correlate with a holiday or a color scheme. Arts/ crafts and food make up the bulk of my boards. I have many others, especially travel, but primarily I have food boards. Lots and Lots of food boards. I have art projects and paper crafting boards. Lots and lots of art project and paper crafting boards.

I'm so "into" Pinterest that at the beginning of the year I thought I would make it a resolution to make something I pinned at least once a week, or at least once a month. Uhhhh.... no. That hasn't worked. Obviously! Look at my chart!

Now one might look at this and see what a waste of time it must be for me to have all these pins but no output. Others might think I should stop pinning and start making. Some others even argue that if I spent as much time making stuff as I did pinning I'd be the next Martha Stewart. And all these arguments are valid. But here's my firm belief: that while I spent lots of time on Pinterest this year, it makes me happy and relaxed. I like looking at all the ideas that interest me. In reality, unless I win a very LARGE lottery, I will never have the money and time to make all the awesome stuff I've pinned. I can live with that. I just like making a list and checking it lots of times. 

Now, I need to go and figure out if I want to pin my chart on to my board of funny things! Ta-ta!

Happy Pinning!
Maggie

No comments: