Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Burn Out

I've been suffering a huge amount of burn out lately. I think I've kvetched about that expression before and I can't believe I'm resorting to it, but I am. I'm saying I'm burn out and I am burn out.

I would like to blame this weather. We're having super unseasonably warms temps here in the Midwest. We are usually very cold right now and most of the time in mid March we have snow up to our keisters. I love this weather and the last place I want to be is at work. i have no windows; I'm not even near a window. I know there are other jobs with no windows so this isn't really a big deal but I think I just want to be in the 80 degree weather while I can.

But if I'm really honest, I'm burn out on work. I love the job and books and most of the students and the ability to be creative and basically run my own department but I am so tired. I'm tired of constantly worrying about money and getting sick since I have no insurance. I'm tired of the high maintenance kids at this school. I'm just done.

I know that's lame but I just can't seem to shake this feeling. Sometimes I take a couple days away to clear my head and I come back all ready to go and that hasn't happened for a long time. I dread getting out of bed- and NOT just because I'm not a morning person- but because I don't want to do this anymore or come here any more.

Ugh, sorry to be such a whiner. Maybe I'd be better off if it snowed 3 feet!

NOT!
Mags

No comments: