- cobbled streets anymore? They always look so cool and quaint. And with all the modern technology given to us in autos, they could surely handle the bumps. I mean, horses and buggies survived so cars surely could, now. Right?
- milk men? I think the idea of a nice man in a nice white truck in a nice white uniform delivering milk door to door is a nice idea. I think glass bottled milk is better than plastic jugs or bags. It tastes fresher and colder. I'd never run out and have to make a midnight Wal-Mart run to supply Mac with milk!
- more drive in theaters? It;s a sad concept that seems to have died out over the years. Very few remain the the country. Luckily, my hometown has one. This drive-in shows a double feature every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Usually they show movies that are very new, and even opening weekend shows. Shows start about 15 minutes after sunset. It's pretty cheap as well, like $10 a carload. The sound is good, too, because it's now over a radio station. A drive in is an easy way to smuggle in snacks. And you can go to the movie in your jammies- how awesome is that?
- automats? Automats were a 'cafeteria meets vending machines.' Usually women worked in a kitchen, plating up fresh food. People would walk up to the machine front, place their money in the selected slot, the lock on the door springs free and you could open the door and remove your plate. And since it was cafeteria style, you could have as many varieties as you wanted to choose from and pay for. I like the idea of a glorified vending machine with fresh foods. Fast food that was coin operated- how cool was that?
- poodle skirts? All sorts of other fashions have come in and out of style over and over again through the years, but never the poodle skirt. They were adorable and comfortable. maybe not always flattering, but comfortable and colorful.