Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Random Monday stuff

I'm going to read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton this month. If anyone wants to read along and then chat about it via a blog post/ comments/ emails, that would be cool! Drop me a comment if you want to take this challenge on. (It's available on Kindle and Nook, for those of you lucky dogs with such devices!)

Daddy-O subscribed to Netflix. We can download movies to our laptops. All three of us, Mac, Dad and me, can watch a different movie all at the same time. OMG- this is gonna be cool. Dad and Mac spend hours looking at the huge list of downloadable films. I was semi-comatose on the coach during this but it seems pretty awesome. Maybe I'll feel better enough to give it a whirl!

I'm still sick. I'm still running a fever but not as high. I ache everywhere; even my hair hurts. I can't believe I'm staying home sick on the first day day from Christmas vacation. I was up and down most of the night, too. I said I wasn't ready to go back and wanted to stay an extra day but this wasn't what I had in mind. Daddy-O asked if I needed to go to the ER and I said no (I have no health insurance so I'd probably end up at the morgue before the ER. I HAVE life insurance). I had dreams about being dipped in tubs of ice cubes and Little House on the Prairie and Mac shining bright lights in my face and questioning me over and over. I had all sorts of weird dreams.

I remember in 1999 I was super ill with a really high fever. I remember when that fever broke I woke up drenched in sweat; my skin literally looked like I had been swimming, and I was all glistening. I was that slick with sweat. My hair was drenched, too. It was so gross. I was living with CanadaSam then. I remember he helped me into the shower and then he changed all the sheets on the bed and got me clean jammies. I remember I felt better but just weak. I keep thinking this fever will break like that. But I think it's just going to go down and then away; nothing real dramatic.

I want to write a post about New Year's Eve and Christmas day but I just don't have what it takes, yet. I can't believe I wrote this much.

Mags

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! That book is sooo good! Found it randomly in the library of the cruise ship that I was on lol! Let me know if you like it! And get better soon!

Anna said...

Rest and get better. Enjoy Netflix I'm a junkie :-)

Curley said...

Take care and I'll try to check on you later.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year maggie girl