Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Frightful Weather

Okay mother nature-- we get it already. You control the weather. We get it already! Stop with the weird weather. Either rain or snow but do one or the other, not both at the same ti,e! I?m really sick of a weather forecast that states "freezing drizzle."

When we left for school this morning there was about 2 inches on the ground that fell overnight. It snowed like mad all day alternating between freezing drizzle and snow. It was a slushy, wet, icy mess. I hate slush. I told the school secretary this morning we didn't have this much snow where I lived in the Wild West!

We've just been pounded this season with snow and then ice on top of that with rain on top and back to snow. It's been cloudy and overcast for days, weeks. I don't mind it all, really but I hate having Mac drive in this trashy weather. Thank goodness my insurance is paid up! I hate clearing off the car all the time, and frozen windshield wipers. And I just think what I really want is a dang snow day. Let's get to the heart of the matter- I want a snow day!

There's more wind, smow and ice coming our way again. And you know what? You never hear about us on the weather channel or having CNN correspondents coming to get footage and interview folks here-- because this our normal winter, I guess. Or no one cares about the Midwest. Wusses in the east coast make headlines every time the wind blows and we get three days of snow and freezing drizzle and no one says a word. Ugh!

I wish I had better snow boots. This is not me looking for an excuse to get new footwear either!!! I really need boots that are warm, water proof with good grippy bottoms and preferably that are stylish! Tall order. Maybe next year. Maybe I could appeal to Mother Nature's woman side and see how she feels about shoes?

I have no idea who ticked Mother Nature off but I wish they'd stop it already.

Maggie

No comments: