Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mac Stuff

He writing essays to get into college. I'm listening to him and I have to say-- my kid is really smart. Brilliant. He's given the typical questions: three most important things in your life, most important influence in your life, why do you want to go to school, what do you want to be when you grow up... and he's in turmoil and in agony because he doesn't want to do the trite things as everyone else. He doesn't want to just slap this assignment together. He's brimming with anger and revenge toward his father which is his motivating factor. I feel for him and have no idea how this is going to all pan out. I wish I had a microphone going so I could give you the streaming feed of his brain's dialogue. Wow.

Mac's a lifter for the cheerleaders and he's having a good time with it. He wants to be good at that, like he wants to be good at everything in life. He also loves the fact that he can "legally" touch cheerleader ass. Yeah...

I needed my car yesterday and it seemed like an ordeal to pry it out of his teenage hands. I finally gave him money for a pizza and I got one of his friends to transport him.

Mac is never home with all his activities and his friends. I sort of like him being gone lots. Does that make me a bad mother?

Senior years cost an astronomical amount of money. Lifting uniform, letter jacket, college application fees....................... that's all this week's "ask." He needs new shoes, too.

He's moody. I want to avoid him because I don't have all the answers nor do I have all the money. He's bear like but when ITSam finally got him talking last night about all the stuff that was bothering him--- the college stuff is eating him up. I wish I could fix it.

This mom stuff is rough.

Mac's mom,
Maggie

No comments: