- I don't have to worry if I lay a ball point pen down that it will be stolen so a student can use it for a homemade tattoo. Or I may let students use scissors and not have to count each pair because someone might decide to smuggle them out of the classroom to cut him/herself later.
- If I ask them to get quiet, the generally do and without swearing at me or calling a bit**
- 99% of them attempt to follow directions, and 100% of them do without throwing things at me
- Heard one student say to a few others: "I'm a black belt in yoga and I'm I'm not afraid to use it" and the other kids GOT THE JOKE and laughed with him, not at him
- I let a student to go her locker to get a book. She actually came back with the book, and in less than 10 seconds so she probably didn't do "bad stuff"
- kids actually studied in study hall
- no meetings were called during prep period to go over new policies about whether certain colors of girls' headbands are symbolic gang colors