Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Weird Job Interveiw

I interviewed for a job at work the other day. That sounds weird I know, but the residential program has a new program and I was approached and asked if I might be interested in hearing about a job. I said sure and went before a committee who basically seemed like they were trying to sell me on the position.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't want to take a job just because of money or insurance, which sounds really weird since I've been bitching about money and insurance for years. BUT I LOVE my current job and it makes me so happy! I don't know if I want to take a job that, while it will be a pay boost (though I don't know how much yet) and have benefits, it's also going to about quadruple my stress level and I will be on call for periods of 24 hours at a time- a lot.

I also had an awkward and uncomfortable discussion with the CEO about "personal responsibility" and "spirituality" and "emotional maturity" and I didn't really like it. That's sent up lots of red flags, and I'm seriously thinking of taking my name off their list because of that little talk. This is a very political position and it will be working and living in a fish bowl for a year. There are people who want the new program to fail and other who want it to succeed and I just am not sure any of that suites me very well.

No one's offered me the job, yet, however, so I'm not counting any chickens before hatching.

What I really wish is that the person who is going to operate a new school program would take another job anywhere else, and then I could run the school and afford to get my last 2 classes for my certification. My prayers are "please let Mr. Person- Who -Is -Going- To -Run- The -School get another job so I can run the school".

Or maybe I'll just stay here as the librarian.

Mags

1 comment:

sam said...

Hi again,

You need to do what makes you happy.

Have you ever asked them why your job doesn't get benefits? Do the teachers and other staff have benefits?

How much will it cost to get your last two classes?

Good luck........p