Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pissed at Starbucks

I'm pretty mad at Starbucks right now.

Since I started this diet I've been trying to come up with a new favorite drink that doesn't have a bajillion calories like my Venti Peppermint Mochas.

I went to a Starbucks and they had sugar free peppermint and sugar free chocolate so the barista experimented. It wasn't bad. But not all Starbucks have the sugar free peppermint nor chocolate. it's pretty inconsistent and that's frustrating.

So I then I thought I'd get something different. I went to a Starbucks at a mall and told the barista my dilemma. She made me a sugar free vanilla cold drink with coffee, skinny, blended thing and it was really good. She said the only calories in the whole thing was the milk. Okay!

I couldn't remember what it was called so I took a picture of the cup and when I was at another Starbucks, I showed that barista the picture. As he and I chatted he informed me if really did have sugar in it but half the amount of regular frappuccino powder. Huh? I told him what she said he said she was wrong; really, though, he thought I was wrong because he said Starbucks employees wouldn't say that.

WTF?!?

I was pissed. I count ever single calorie that goes in my body and I spend lots of time on restaurant web sites analyzing nutrition values. And he insinuates I'm stupid? I was pissed.

Then he proceeded to make my drink and it tasted like crap.

I drop A LOT of money at Starbucks on a regular basis. I have a gold card with my damn name on it. I continue to patronize them and believing they'll help me find something that tastes good. But this guy just rubbed me the wrong way and made a crappy drink on top of it.

I took the picture to another Starbucks- in a different city even- and the barista there made it the same way as the mall girl and said she was right.

I went back to the other Starbucks with the mean guy; he wasn't there of course. I showed the picture to another barista at that store and HE said it was wrong and made me a crappy drink, AND SLAMMED MY CUP DOWN. Oh yes he did.

I was nice. I was polite. I was respectful. I didn't yell or anything. I got bad customer service and a crappy product. I am NOT going back to that Starbucks. I don't deserve the treatment I received- no one does. This is why people think Starbucks sucks. And for $5.24 per drink, I don't have to tolerate it. And at this point, unless I get an iced tea, I won't be going to any Starbucks until someone can give me a real, honest answer about the beverage I get, and improve customer service. I've been going there for more than 10 years. I drove 3 freaking hours one way when I lived in the Wild West to get Starbucks. I am so saddened by the repeated inconsistencies and rude customer service.

I. am. not. impressed. anymore.

Disgruntled Starbucks customer,
Mags

2 comments:

A said...

I would have asked to speak with the manager after the guy slammed your cup down. Absolutely UNCALLED FOR!

Curley said...

I'm with Lilith and if the manager didn't fix things then I would have made sure I got their name and I would get on Starbucks website and make sure that you let them know about the service and which store it was in.