Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

braving the crowd....

I'm heading out to see what chaos is happening on the streets of Dublin this St. Patrick's Day. As I've gabbed with the locals I've learned that it's just a civil holiday for the people who live here- like we get the day off of work on Memorial Day, and such. And most of the partying and revelry is actually for the tourists who flood the city from all over the world. Most locals want to get the heck outta town before the craziness hits.

So that being said, I'm going to head out and take pictures of all the idiot tourists, because of course, I'm not one of those! Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know I am... But I've been here for more than a week!

I wasn't brave enough to see the parade since they were expecting 400,000 people for it. Can we say "no way in hell" was I going to get stuck in that massive drunken group in which people had been lined up for LAST night and drinking since LAST night? (And I was exhausted from the whirlwind of Italy, of which I've put up a few pictures and promise many more to come!) But I sure am ready to have a Bulmers and people watch at temple Bar. Hopefully, I can share good pictures later!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all, and may the luck of the Irish smile on you! It has me!

Wishing you pots of gold,
Maggie

No comments: