I was given a page with all the teams on it, and brackets, so I could pick winners. It was free to do here at work, and there are prizes. Our athletic director is taking care of it for us.
Now, a basketball is the orange one, with the black stripes, right?
Now, I guess there's probably a logical way to make picks for the winners, right?
Here's how I picked some of the one's I did:
- Ohio and Butler because I gotta stay loyal to my Midwest roots.
- Villanova and Gonzaga because they're fun to say
- Kentucky because I have family there and my bio- grandfather was a huge Kentucky fan. The only gift I ever remember him giving me was a Kentucky shirt. And a lady at work that I really like is rooting for them, too.
- Xavier because it starts with X and there are so few words in the world that start with X
- N. Carolina because the Tar Heels is such a cool nickname!
- Georgia because Bragger lives there
- Duke because I heard that last year they won a bunch of games
- Tennessee because Elvis is buried there
- San Diego because I've always wanted to visit that city
- UNLV, BYU and UCLA because they have cool acronyms
- Morehead because I have family there
- Georgetown because I wanted to attend there
- Purdue because I don't like IU
- Texas A & M because they go by letters with an ampersand
- Notre Dame because they have, in football, a touchdown Jesus. And because my Uncle loves Notre Dame.
- Pittsburgh because I went there once, for 22 hours
- Florida because I want to be there NOW
There were some struggles for me. I avoided Michigan because when I was in high school Chris Weber played for them and threw a crappy shot at the buzzer and I've never forgotten it. It was Richmond -vs- Vanderbelt and I wasn't sure. I had a pair of Gloria Vanderbelt jeans when I was a kid. I also love Gone With the Wind, hence the Richmond tie in. I went with Richmond because Grandma Shrew gave me the jeans.
I had to pick a total points scored in the championship game in case there was a tie breaker. I picked the number 139. The AD said that was a good choice.
It will be interesting to see how well I do!
Mad about March,