Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The little things say what?

I have MSN messenger as an IM program. Lots of my former Wild West students use it and we have each other listed. One of the features is that users can have a personalized message next to their names. Most of the time, people leave it blank, but of late, it seems just about darn near everyone on my list has a little message.

Hecate's is "I am so sick of snow." And Booknut's reads, "Sleeping, I hope" since she is the mother of my all too perfect niece the Divine Ms. K. Mac has "black holes in the sky" and I have no idea what that means. One flaky 8th grade student has "I fell hard like a tear drop." I have no idea what's going on there but it just screams "boy" trouble. I personally have a quote: "If you can't say something nice, then come sit next to me."

But my all time favorite is one of my former student's. She is a person who is rather shy but has a very dry since of humour, that is quite wicked, once you get to know here. I saw this and it made me laugh out loud, it just was silly enough to make me giggle:

"I told your boyfriend he was gay...then he hit me with his purse."

Nonsensically yours,
Maggie