Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

In about 14 hours, he's gone

Okay, today has been spent packing up Mac's stuff so he can head to college tomorrow, buying the last minute things I forgot, hanging out with Mac, doing his laundry, packing the borrowed mini-van...

I've only had 2 small minor breakdowns (so far, and neither in front of Mac), and two Xanix.

Please pray for us, for me, for him... I drop him off tomorrow morning between 10-11am.

My baby's going to university. He's flying the nest.

Okay, I can do this. Right? I can.

Oh help....

Mac's mama no matter how old he is,
Maggie

5 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Maggie Sweetie...
I will be sending up a few prayers for you sweetie. I know it is going to be hard. We have them under our wings for 18 years and then suddenly they move on, and we find ourselves wondering what are we supposed to do know? My baby is now 30, and my secret is, I never clipped the apron strings, I just extended them to whatever distance I needed. Just keep telling yourself he is only a phone call away sweetie.

Have fun Mac and don't forget to call your Momma every once and awhile and remind her how much you love her.

Country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry

sam said...

Hey Maggie,

Deep breath....you'll get through this!

P

Bragger said...

I will be thinking about you tomorrow. It's hard to let our little birds leave the nest. I know he'll do great in college - he's got YOU for a mom! Mwah!

Mellodee said...

When we took our daughter off to college the first time, I didn't cry until we started on the road home. Then I cried all the way home (about 90 mi.) But after that, I was fine. Well, fine until the first time SHE called me in tears because she was so lonely and homesick! There were about 4 of those calls in the first sto weeks, but then she started classes and to meet people. And that was that.

It's probably different with boys!


Good Luck!

Cheryl said...

Hope yesterday wasn't too bad. I think prayers after the fact can help, too, right? Take care of yourself, have a fun girl's night out.

I've started a new blog - and a new life, btw - http://artnwonder.wordpress.com/ -

xo Cheryl