Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Technology freak out

I go see a guy that I'm going to refer to as my boyfriend from now on and there will be an upcoming post about him, but for the sake of this post, he's Boyfriend. Anyway I go see him almost every weekend since he lives about 2 hours from me. I have to pack a bag with shoes and clothes, mostly.

Notice I say mostly. I do leave some stuff at his place like magazines, books, shampoo, a razor, bathroom type stuff. I think I have a shirt, a pair of emergency flip-flops there, and some undies. I leave candles to burn or pictures. Just stuff, and he doesn't care. So each time I go, I do have to pack a bag with some basic clothes.

And other stuff. Mostly clothes.

I find I have to pack a giant dang suitcase because of my electronics. I am not kidding. I mean, I was completely excited when I got a haircut and didn't need to lug a straightener and a hairdryer anymore. And when he didn't care I left toiletries and books, I was thrilled. I have a Nook so I don't have to pack 4 or 5 books at a time since I have that many (or more) with me all the time. No what I do have to pack and that requires a suitcase is all the technology.

Sometimes I take my laptop. I don't have to but maybe I have job stuff I want to do, or I want to use his printer and I just use my laptop. Sometimes I just want MY laptop not his computer. SO I have that plus the power cord in case the battery dies.

I have to have my Nook charger cord. No explanation needed, I'm sure.

I have to have a phone charger.

Sometimes, when it works, I have my iPod. And headphones. And that charger.

I need to make sure I have my car charger for my phone because when I drive around his city on my own, I sometimes get lost and need the GPS feature which sucks the batter life of my Android pretty quickly.

I always said I would never be a slave to technology; apparently I am a liar!

And the one item on this entire list that freaks me out the most if I forget it? My Nook charger. I about have kittens. Once I forgot it and spent 2 hours at a Barnes and Noble borrowing one of the chargers there because I was afraid it would die and I would have nothing to read. So I then had to buy a paper book to leave at his house. Then we went to a Half Price Books and I bought a stack of magazines and about 6 novels to leave there, just in case it happened again. But maybe that's a story for another post... Pardon me, I digress.

Yes, technology. It increases my suitcase. I have more cords than shoes in my overnight bag, and that's sayin' something!

Mags

1 comment:

Bragger said...

Can I be VP of that club? On our trip this past week, I had an iPhone charger (we both have one), an iPad charger (because while I can use the same one for both the iPhone and the iPad, they often need to be charged at the same time), a Kindle charger (in case I want to read outside OR while the iPad is being charged), a camera charger, the laptop charger, my bike GPS charger. I am a slave to electronics, but I'll take that in exchange for the (mostly) convenience they provide.