Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Belated Happy Birthday to...

...ME!


Yup, I had a birthday last week, (Fri. 9/26). It wasn't anything extraordinary though, I think, I always want it to be.  My parents always made a fuss over our birthdays when we were kids, with parties and cake and presents, which was completely AWESOME and WONDERFUL... and I still wish that carried over into adulthood.

Though when turning 43 years old, it does seem a little silly to want or have a big birthday bash. I mean, really.

Age 43 is so boring, too. Not like 16 when you can drive or 17 when you can see an R rated movie, 18 when you can vote-buy lottery tickets and cigs-join the military, 19 which is the last of the teen years, 20 when you're no longer a teen, and 21 when you can drink... other than hitting milestones of multiples of 5, after age 21, birthdays are sort of blah...


It was NICE, though! Daddy-O came to The Capital for dinner with Mac, TheGuy, and me. There were presents. People wished me a happy day. It was nice.

And nice isn't bad...

Quietly aging,
Maggie


2 comments:

Curley said...

I'd take nice any day. Glad you had a good birthday. Love you.

D-nice said...

Happy belated birthday! Quite is good. In its own way.